A Good Guy Pirate...



Welcome to the Green blog! With all of the new changes in our life, and with all the updates we are going to be having...I thought this would be a great way to keep family and friends updated and "in the loop" as Granny likes to call it.
As most of you know, James was laid off last July from Stock Building Supply. Two months before our wedding, it wasn't the greatest news in the world, but James and I have always tried to remain positive and make the best out of the situation. This obviously sparked many conversations about his career, our life, and what we wanted that to look like. What kind of future did we want? Slowly, the military became a part of many of our conversations. Now...those of you that know me know that this was a HUGE idea for me to wrap my head around. In November James began seriously searching the best route for him with my total support. And I am very proud to report that yesterday he took his oath, signed his contract, and is now an official member of the United States Navy!! I really don't think I have ever been more proud of anyone in my entire life. Both of our grandfathers were in the Navy, and we hope they are looking down with big grins! (We know you are smiling, Uncle Ricky!)
He will be working in the Advanced Electronics/Computer field on ships. It's an EXCELLENT job and we're so excited. He leaves for basic training in Great Lake, Illinois on July 8th. He will graduate from basic training in September (very close to Baby G's due date, ah!) and then continue specific training for his field in Great Lakes. It is about 30 minutes outside of Chicago.

Such good things are happening in our lives. We got a phone call on January 4 from Jason and Tricia letting us know that we are getting a niece or a nephew this fall, we're all EXTREMELY ready for Warren to be home (April 24! Whoohoo!), and are excited for his wedding to Tara this December, Annie is in New York right now at the United Nations making our world better one day at a time...2010 is a busy year!

We truly feel like we're embarking on the adventure of a lifetime. I feel like this blog is a great way to keep in touch, give my family (we have no clue!) a little insight on life in the military, and let you know that we're thinking of all of you every step of the way. Lots of changes are coming, but we don't think if we searched a million years that we could find 2 more supportive families...or friends!
Again, welcome to our blog :) Anchors Away!




Comments

Anne Hardison said…
I love the blog and the name and we are so proud of James! Congratulations to both of you on your new journey and know that you have an abundance of family love to help you on the road! And I know my Dad is smiling! Anchors Away! Love you both so much! Mom and Dad (Hardison)
James and Julie, this is a wonderful blog. We are very proud of you. I know you will be successful wherever your path leads you. Uncle Ricky is very proud that James choose to join the Navy. He was stationed at great Lakes and had basic training in Orlando. Take care and know that we love you very much and good luck as you travel around the country,
mags said…
congrats james you willdo awesome!! i love to read about my fam so anytime give me some news love to all my carolina fam!
Leigh Ann said…
It's going to be great to keep up with y'all on your blog! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!! :-)


~Leigh Ann
Anonymous said…
I am very excited for the both of you. The military is not just a job, it is a way of life. I personally enjoyed my military career and hope that James will as well. You will both have to be very supportive of one another and be very flexible with the changes that occur along your voyage. I wish for my "James" an enjoyable, prosperous and exciting career and the tenasity, stamina and motivation to acheive his goal(s) in the Navy. Go CUBBIES!! Go BEARS!!! Love, Dad.

Popular Posts