Bon Voyage!

I got a text today reminding me that I needed a new blog post (you know who you are) so I figured I had better get to it! As you can imagine things have been a bit crazy the past couple of weeks. In two weeks James will be making his big departure for Great Lakes, Illinois and really kicking off the adventure! I figure that once he leaves and I'm bored with nothing to do I will be so much better about my blogging. Should make for some fun blogs, right?!

To send him out in Harnett County style, on June 12 we had a going away party for James Howard at the Green plantation. It was complete with barbeque, ribs, cornhole, beer, lots of people who love and support him, and a little bit...ok a lot of NC heat. I told him that when we're in Chicago and its a blustering two degrees we need to remember how we felt that day! It was about 98 degrees and humid humid humid! The love and support we felt that day was truly amazing. There were about 65 people there and James said it was perfect. Thank you to everyone that came and wished him well. Thank you to both of our Dads for braving the heat in the air, and the heat on the grill and cooking the meat for us! Below are a few pictures of the evening. 

Thanks again to everyone that came out!! And special thanks to Justin Miller in particular for the gift he brought...which was the cause of James leaving his phone outside that night in torrential downpours. If James hasn't answered your calls, that's why. :) "Babe I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." No cell phone for James! I can honestly say sitting outside with our friends that night was so much fun, and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

In other news, James got the details about his departure. I actually have to drop him off the night of the 7th and he has to stay in a hotel. (Boo.) We check him in at 4:30pm and then he is ours until 10:30pm. Both of our families are getting together that evening for dinner at the Pit! June 18 was my last full time day at Apple Gold Group, and it has been so nice to have time to be with James (and Lilly too!) I just feel very lucky to have these next couple of weeks to dedicate to hanging out with him...before our world completely changes!

I'll keep you updated as we get closer to his departure date. If you'd like to get in touch with him the next couple of weeks, you will have to call my cell phone, or you can always email him at greenecu11@hotmail.com. 

Much love until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts