Chicago Shenanigans

Greetings from a little less cold Illinois! I know I haven't blogged since the big blizzard, but it has finally warmed up just a tad here and the sun teases me almost every morning now...I can't wait until Spring! Lots of apologies for the lack of a blog post recently. For the longest time nothing was going on, and then everything was going on! We've been in and out of the city, to a concert, had visitors, and James is still King of Electronics! Side note, I started this blog post on Monday evening. It is now Wednesday evening and it snowed today so forget everything I said about a less cold Illinois.

First I'll give you the Navy update about Mr. James Howard. He is still doing such an amazing job in his Electronics training. He has held the number one spot in the class since the began in January, making 100's on almost all of his tests. He is projected to graduate on June 9 from his Electronics Apprentice School. He loves his labs and he loves troubleshooting problems with the equipment, and I never know what he is talking about when I pick him up, but it always ends with "It was so cool!" :)  He studies so hard and is really focused on staying at the top, so of course I am always proud!

March is the month of birthdays in our house, I had mine earlier this month on the 6th and James Howard has his TODAY whoohoo!, so there was a Hardison Chicago Takeover the past few weekends to celebrate!! Annie and Will visited last weekend, and this past weekend my mom and dad were here so we've had an amazing two weekends! You notice how the Hardisons didn't show up until the temperature got above 35. (Ha!)

Annie and Will were here the weekend that Chicago celebrated St. Patrick's day so we had fun exploring the city and stopping to see the green river and have a green beer! We ate our way through the city and they got to see where James works and we had the BEST time. I dropped my Mom and Dad off at the airport Monday after a four day visit! I only cried for 10 minutes after they left :) Our weekend was a little bit lazier than the last, but it was so much fun. We did get into the city Saturday afternoon for some pizza and last night we cooked James Howard his birthday dinner and let him open his presents from the Green's. Everyone knows how obsessed he is with watching movies, and since my laptop sounds like it is about to take flight when you put a DVD in, we all chipped in and got him a portable DVD player. He was very excited! I have beef tips and gravy in the crock pot and a german chocolate cake (I know all you Beasleys are going "Oh man! I miss Granny's german choc cake during beach week!") cooling so I'm excited to pick the birthday boy up from work.

Below are a few pictures from the past few weeks. James took me to the Reba/George Strait concert for my birthday so there are a couple from that, some from our visits with my family, and James with his birthday present. We miss everyone SO much.

Lots of love,
James and Julie







Comments

Popular Posts