My Gingersnap and Closing in on Two


I sat down last night to write my blog post about Sweet Sophie and I'm having a hard time finding words to describe her arrival and how much that nugget completes our family. It is no secret if you've followed my blog that Annie and Will have had quite the journey to get to her, but on July 8 at 7:58pm all 22" of her came into our lives. She weighed 7lbs. and 7 oz. and of course my first question to Will was "WHAT COLOR HAIR?" Whether or not she'll be a redhead like her mom is yet to be determined, but nonetheless she's still my little Gingersnap.

Sophia Margaret Moody
Annie was amazing all through labor and delivery, Will was, of course, by her side and sending the greatest text updates as Sophie was delivered via C-Section. "She's here! She's perfect!" Then the first picture of her that melted my heart. (I still haven't deleted the group text between the family, it
Family selfie from the waiting room!
makes me smile too much). And then seeing my sister holding Sophie....there just aren't words friends. I got to spend almost a week in Raleigh being with Annie, Will, and Sophie and it was amazing. They are both naturals and so at ease in their roles of parents. Sophie is beautiful and every time I get a picture I think she looks like Annie, then Will, then Annie again so it is safe to say she's the perfect mixture of both of them. She has these big beautiful eyes and long fingers that are perfect for baby hand holding. If you were wondering how Mason feels about his new cousin, I think this picture captures perfectly how much he loves his "Soapy." He just wanted to hold her, stroke her head, and push her in the swing. His version of gentle rocking is not newborn baby conducive, so we stuck to holding and head stroking.


And below is probably my favorite picture from Sophie's arrival, it was finally getting my hands on my new niece and finally telling her in person that I loved her so, so much. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it...the whole experience was just amazing and I am so happy that this little baby is in all of our lives. I can't wait for all the adventures she and Mason will go on together. Annie and I always say we hope they'll be as close as Annie and Josh were and are. I'm so proud of Annie and Will. This road hasn't been easy for them but they've remained so grounded, full of faith, hopeful, always gracious, and a very huge example to me (and James) on love, compassion, and marriage.

 
So as if that wasn't enough excitement, we now officially have a closing date and time and the movers are booked! We are closing on our new house August 7 and we really couldn't be more excited. It feels like a new start for us - that seems silly since we've been in Virginia for almost 3 years, but I think moving into this house means we're creating our home and it feels like planting some roots and that makes both of really excited about the future.
 
Mason's second birthday is sneaking up on me and I can't believe that. It seems like just yesterday he was taking his first steps and learning how to use a spoon. Because of James's hectic schedule to and from sea we are having Mason's birthday party the same weekend of our big move. I'm a glutton for punishment, I know. But it works out because my parents are of course, always so amazing, and coming up to help us move so after the hard work they get to kick back and help us celebrate! Sophie is taking her first road trip to Virginia Beach and we've got lots of family and friends coming to celebrate on the farm with us for our big two year old. We just know it is going to be one of the best weekends ever, and we're so thankful for all of you in North Carolina making the trip to be with us and celebrate Mason Eldridge!
 
Stay tuned for pictures of our big move and my sweet Mason's big birthday! Also probably say a prayer because you know how moving with Hardisons and a picky Green packer can go. Maybe this time we can make it without James telling me "Any shit that doesn't fit on the truck is not coming."
 
Thanks for indulging me and looking at all these pictures of my beautiful niece...and of course for following along on this crazy journey of ours.
 
 
 
Until next time,
Jules xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts