Friends, Racoons, and Reunions


"I do not wish to treat friendships daintily, but with the roughest courage. When they are real, they are not glass threads or frost-work, but the solidest thing we know."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson 

I love this quote so much, and had to include it in the blog - especially since I just spent the most wonderful weekend with three of my best friends. We had so much fun talking, laughing, goofing off, people watching, and calling racoons. Of course the one weekend I decide to have friends down it gets cold and rainy, but we still found happiness being surround by each other and the ocean....even if it was choppy and gray!

James is doing very well in school! He passed both tests this past week to move onto his next piece of equipment!  He is now done with the  AN/SPN-41 and is moving onto the AN/SPN-43. The Transmitting Set AN/SPN-41A is an electronic landing aid that provides proper flight path data to an approaching aircraft as the aircraft flies into range of ownship radar landing system or into visual contact with ownship optical landing system. I'm not sure if that definition helped or just made it more confusing but in any event there it is. Aren't you glad it is him and not you in charge of fixing that if it breaks??? In all seriousness he did wonderfully on his test, and I'm sure he'll be just as great working on the AN/SPN-43. 


The past few weeks I took on another project, this time with Mom and Dad - and I'm excited to share these pictures. While at a thrift store in Morehead City a couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon a dining room set. I was immediately drawn to the base of the table and since we needed a new dining set for Norfolk anyway (hard to believe we made it through a year in Chicago with no table and chairs. No room!) I went home and got my hunk of an SUV and went back and purchased it. 

Thankfully, my mother talked me into not painting the chairs and leaving them the way they were. And I'm glad I finally came to the realization they are way cool...because we googled this set. It is a Thomasville dining set from the 60's or 70's and the chairs are $1,100 for 10. SO, I'm happy with my $120 purchase of the whole thing. The table has two leafs that we have put into it and it seats 6 comfortably! Then we had to decide what color to paint it, and since the bottom has black specs in the yellow, we decided to paint it black and then distress it so that it matches the base. I didn't want to mess with that at all, I loved it just the way it was. 



Voila! There is my new set! Once we get it placed in the house I will have some better pictures to show you how cool it looks. I think it is going to look pretty fabulous next to my new buffet! 

And in even better news, I got a lovely surprise today. I found out that tomorrow I get to spend the day with Molly Carter while Randy and Claudette are at work! Jason and Tricia are on vacation so I get her all to myself :) I went to pick her up today in Raleigh and since she's the cutest baby ever, I'll share with you what I saw when I walked up the front steps.  
Hello, I am the cutest Nugget that ever lived.

The time is upon me and I am SO excited. On Friday morning I am leaving for Pensacola, FL and I cannot WAIT to see James! I was packing my clothes to leave the beach last night and I had to stop and laugh at myself. I felt like I was packing for our first getaway or a first date, or something like that because I had to have the perfect outfits, the perfect shoes, etc. Like the man hasn't seen me at my best and worst a million times! Call me crazy but I like to find the positive...and while I hate being separated from James - I love this feeling. I love that I have butterflies in my stomach when I think about it seeing him and I love that it feels like our first date all over again. And on top of that Monday we are celebrating two years since we said "I do" so we have so much to look forward to during my visit! 

 Well friends and family, I can't wait to update the blog with stories from my trip to Florida and all the fun things James and I have planned. I have appreciated every text, email, call, and hug you've all sent since he left! Say a prayer for me Friday, I'll be back on the road...again. I think this time Lilly won't get hurt feelings that she is being left behind. On the way to Dunn today she kept looking at me like, "You've got to be kidding me." :) 

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and fantastic weekend! Happy 3rd Birthday on Saturday to Miss Cameron Ann! I wish I could be there celebrating with you too! 

We love you all!
Jules

Comments

Popular Posts