Happy New Year's Eve Friends and Family!

I am the worst blogger lately. It makes me so sad to think that I haven't posted anything in almost three months! Yikes! It has been a whirlwind of moving, weddings, holidays, parties, showers, more moving, and all the chaos and happiness that comes with those fun things. We are slowly but surely getting settled in our new house in Norfolk, VA and we are loving exploring a new area. I promise that in the near future I will post pictures of our adorable little home. The second (yes, second) Uhaul pulled into our driveway this past Monday so we are still getting things in place, hauling lots of stuff to our storage shed in the back yard after I've talked James into not throwing whatever it is away, and still coming across stray boxes that have yet to be unpaced. So, once our house is all in place, pictures will follow.

And here we are on the eve of the New Year! 2011 was such an incredible year for me and James. I literally was just sitting on the couch thinking of all the places it took us and all the excitement it held and was compelled to open my laptop and blog about how excited I am to see where our crazy life takes us in 2012. 2011 took us many miles from home, back again, and everywhere in between. We were in Highwood, IL and James was in the middle of training as we started our first official full year in the Navy. I was blessed to get to work for an incredible family, the Metricks in Illinois who I just completely fell in love with and miss like crazy, we celebrated our birthdays with a visit from Annie and Will and explored Chicago for a weekend, we woke up one random Saturday morning and decided to drive to Wisconsin purely to eat cheese, Jason came to Chicago and took James to a White Sox game, James graduated a Distinguised Military Graduate in June, Beasley Reunion complete with Annie's 30th Funkytown Birthday in July, and then in August packing it all up and heading back East. James left for Florida, Miss Molly turned 1, we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary in Pensacola, FL, we found out Warren and Tara are having a baby! and giving us a nephew in May, we moved to Norfolk, Sara and Britt got married, and now James is an official Sailor aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Whew!!!

So while my intention was to sit down and write about the past couple of months, I've been so caught up in remembering the past year and asking James "Hey, remember when we...." I hope my blog wishing you a happy New Year will do for now :)  James is currently outside in his garage, grilling our dinner, so happy he has a yard and his grill back, and we are about to have a very quiet but perfect evening in our new home together parting ways with 2011. I hope where ever the evening takes you that you are surrounded by love and laughter. And stay tuned because I swear I'm going to be better about blogging!

Happy New Year from Norfolk!
LOTS of love,
The Greens

Comments

Popular Posts