Paw Prints and Ducks


I have to start this blog post thankful for the weather. We all know I am not a cold weather girl, and yesterday it was 65 degrees, and today it got up to 73! Me and Lilly Bear have been loving being outside. Yesterday we went for two walks, and one of them was on the beach by the bay with Kylee and Bella. Lilly was off her leash and she ran around and chased birds and had the best time. I love seeing her little paw prints in the sand. Today since it was so nice I took her back and I have to share a couple of pictures and a video (if I can figure out how to post a video) Lilly has never much been one for the water, she is scared of the waves and always runs away from them. This picture is her yesterday after she found two ducks. She just stayed right behind the wave line, barked, and wondered why they kept swimming away.


So imagine my surprise today when James and I took her out to the beach again and after she found her two duck friends again we see this, almost in the water!…Go Lilly!

This past weekend we were in Raleigh for my birthday dinner and Tara’s baby shower. It was so nice to catch up and see everyone. Before we left for Raleigh I was quizzing James in the car about random facts about me (I don’t know why) and one of them was what my favorite candy was. Two guesses later he finally goes “Oh yea! Cadbury Eggs!” DUH. I don’t know what is more exciting, my birthday OR the return of Cadbury Eggs. I then explained to James that the only person who gives me Cadbury Eggs every single year is my sister. Did she come through this year? Oh yes, she made me CADBURY EGG CUPCAKES. I wish I had taken a picture but I was too busy shoving them into my mouth. They were SO good. There was a Cadbury Egg on top and one in the middle. Best birthday cake ever. However, I did take a picture of Molly enjoying one.



Thank you to the Greens and Hardison’s for coming out to celebrate with me Saturday night!! James got me a picnic table kit from Lowe’s (YESSSS!!) so my project once it is good and warm outside and after he helps me put it together is to paint it fun colors. Something in my gut tells me it will be purple and gold. But, I’m super excited. Picnic tables always remind me of my Granddaddy and eating watermelon with him, so I can’t wait to do that this summer! Best husband ever J

Sunday Tricia and I were off to Meredith College to setup for Tara’s baby shower! We had so much fun and it was so nice to see family I hadn’t seen since Christmas. Tara got some great stuff for Baby Green and we all had fun guessing the date the baby would come, weight, and length. I can’t wait to see who is right, and so excited we only have about 2 more months until we get to meet our new nephew!
Tricia and the  bumps!

All the Green Gals
Other than that we haven’t had too much going on. James is now on the HAB team on the ship. Basically that is the team that is getting the ship ready to move everything back on it after the overhaul is done. He’s clearing spaces, painting, and doing lots of manual work so he smells SO good when he gets home. He goes in at about 11am and is usually home by 7pm so the hours aren’t quite as bad as I thought they were going to be. This week I’ve been lucky, he’s been home early every single day!

Me and Green Bean are just staying healthy and happy. My belly is getting big and I have almost said goodbye to pants that button. I broke down and ordered my first maternity clothes. Big girl pants! Yes! We had a really good checkup on February 21, me and the Bean both checked out wonderfully, and as soon as she put the doppler wand on my belly the heartbeat was strong and steady. I saved it on my phone and listen to it all the time. Spanky loves to lay on my belly and purr at night. He seems to be the only animal that has picked up on it, and I joke Green Bean will know what his purr sounds like before my voice.

And in other news…drum roll please…the long awaited ultrasound to find out the sex is MONDAY!!!!! 3 MORE DAYS!!! I can’t think about it too much or I almost explode from excitement. Let’s all cross our fingers the baby is awake and in a good position to tell if we’re going to have a mini James or a mini Julie! I have a running list of what everyone’s guess has been so if you’d like to place your bets, send me an email. The majority seem to be going with boy with a few strong girl cheers in the background. All bets have to be placed by Sunday evening. And no, you don’t win anything except satisfaction that you guessed correctly out of a 50/50 shot. We finally decided on names (thank god) BUT you will have to stay tuned until next week to find out!!!
So if that picture at the top of the blog doesn’t entice you to visit (it is one mile from the house!) I don’t know what will! Come see us!
Happy Spring everyone, it is right around the corner!

We love you all,
James and Julie

Comments

Shelly said…
BOY!!! Love the blog!

Popular Posts