37 Week Appointment...Pinteresting

Happy Friday! I wish I were writing a blog post to say something really exciting happened at the doctor this morning, but no such luck! While it wasn't exciting, that doesn't mean we still didn't have a good checkup. My blood pressure is perfect, weight gain is still good, and Mason's heartbeat was strong and steady as usual. That is, after she got him to be still. This is the third doctor's appointment James has been to where someone said "That is a happy baby!" or "He's an active little guy" or "He won't hold still will he?" which seems to make James a little nervous about Mason's personality...a little Julie? :) The good news is Mason is head down and is not in the breach position. The not so good news for a 9 month pregnant lady in July is that he has not yet "dropped" and my cervix is still closed. He seems to be very comfortable right where he is! My midwife was at the hospital delivering a baby so I actually got to meet another one of the midwives and I really liked her too. The odds that one of the midwives will actually deliver me at Portsmouth are slim, but I have really enjoyed seeing midwives rather than doctors. They sit with me as long as I need them to and answer all my questions - and everything I have mentioned about my "birth plan" they are always on the same page as me which is a great feeling. We'll see how many things go according to plan ;) But if I do happen to go into labor from here on out, he is full term and likely won't need to spend any time in the NICU which is a huge relief. 


And in efforts to keep myself busy lately I have been finding things to do around the house and thought I'd share one of my Pinterest projects I completed last week. I needed something to hang on both sides of our guest bed and couldn't quite decide what I wanted and when I came across this it seemed perfect...and economical when you're sinking all your money into a nursery and baby things. (Don't worry, those pictures are coming next week, James promised he would get everything hung this weekend!)


The first task was finding a cheap, outdoor rubber mat. The blog post that I got this idea from said she got hers at Dollar General. No such luck here, I finally found them at Target for $12 each. Score! 



The other two supplies needed for this project are spray paint (I used white, you can spray paint them any color you want, really) and some sandpaper, nothing too coarse. I used fine since I only needed to distress the mat after painting. 


Then it is paint time!




After you get a good coat on the mat, take the sandpaper and just run it over the entire mat so some of the black shows through. The look you are going for here is an old iron piece that has been painted and distressed. Pretty cool, right?




I think they look super cool and the whole project was under $30! And since Sara and Britt are coming this evening (yay!) I of course was on Pinterest yet again when I decided to bake something sweet for them. Anyone who knows my love for homemade oatmeal cream pies at Sherry's Bakery in Dunn knows this was a big undertaking for me. But, I forged ahead and decided to make them for this weekend. 


James came home this morning and tasted one and said they were amazing, and one of the best things I've ever made. YES! Thanks Pinterest :) 

Ok friends, stay tuned for more Mason updates - my next appointment is Monday, July 23. Hopefully I have exciting news then. And I PROMISE I will post pictures of the finished nursery. It looks amazing! 

Enjoy your weekend,
The Greens!

Comments

Popular Posts