Mason Eldridge is TWO!


If you were wondering how busy Mason keeps me, his birthday blog post being two weeks late is an indicator of everyday life! But I couldn't let this milestone go by without jotting down a few thoughts about Mason turning two. I was so much more emotional about this kid turning two than I was when he turned one, James was constantly laughing at me and my moments of tearing up. I like to blame it on the fact that we also moved into our house that weekend and I was just exhausted ;) But this birthday definitely solidified that we don't have a baby anymore - he is full fledged toddler and ALL boy.

It wasn't hard to figure out what to do for Mason's birthday. He loves animals (and tractors) so we celebrated with a day on the farm! There's a petting farm here in Virginia Beach that he lights up whenever he knows we're going, so that's was the perfect way to celebrate two years of Mason Eldridge! We had family and friends come, the weather was perfect, and it was just all around a beautiful day. After the farm we went back to our new house (that blog post is coming!)and opened presents. He got to throw his new football with Papa, play whiffle ball with Uncle Will, Granddaddy and Daddy, and play with his new tractors - he would probably tell you it was the best day ever if he could put together more than four or five words.






So naturally as these days come and go I find myself thinking about the past year in the most random places. Driving in the car, cooking dinner while I'm dodging the million toys he's brought into the kitchen so he doesn't miss anything, or laying in bed at night wondering if I'm getting it right (that one's not so random, we all do that, right?). There is no shortage of personality with Mason and he is the funniest person I have ever met. He has brought a love to mine and James's life we didn't know could ever exist. He keeps us on our toes and he challenges me as a person, but in the best ways possible. He teaches me something everyday and that is what I am most grateful for in this crazy journey of motherhood.

You know what else I'm learning? Boys. This kid is ALL boy. He loves any sport that he can throw a ball, he loves tractors, motorcycles and really anything with an engine, already being raised right and loves anything with Pirates, he is always bruised, bloody, or dirty, and he is every bit the two year old. He enjoys using the word no, he will smile that Mason smile before doing something he knows he isn't supposed to, and music and dancing always cheer him up. He is eternally curious, likes to know how things work, needs to be constantly moving, and loves being the center of attention. He has one speed and that is 100mph. My blonde haired, brown eyed boy knows exactly what he wants when he wants it and has little patience for anything or anyone who is slow. In my most frustrating moments, I remind myself that his stubbornness and determined nature will make him something great one day. He is so smart - oh so smart. He gives the best hugs, his smile lights up a room and he has the best belly laugh in the entire world. He eats like a grown man, is the size of a three year old, and at the end of the day we're just catching our breath.

Where ever you are and whoever you are as you read this, we're glad you're along for the ride too. Thanks for loving our little two year old - we aren't sure sometimes when we look at him how the past two years have flown by so quickly, but we can't wait for all the shenanigans we have in store for us with this one. He is the best part of every single day and we love him bigger than all the oceans.

Happy Birthday Mason Eldridge Green, my favorite thing to daydream about is the man you will become. How blessed am I that I have a front row seat to watch?



We love you Bug (yes, you've inherited your Mom's nickname busy one),
Mommy and Daddy

Comments

Popular Posts