The Last (Longest) Leg of the Journey



"When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is stronger than I" 
Psalm 61:2

One of my sweet friends texted me this morning and said "Can you actually believe this is almost over?" and my answer was quick and swift. "Absolutely not." I really can't believe Mason and I are sitting here taking goofy photos to send James with only one week left to go. I'm going to keep this post short and sweet because I am an emotional mess these days, but I just wanted to say how extremely grateful I am. 

Thanks to everyone who has shown up on my doorstep with a weekend bag (and wine) to keep me company, to everyone who has helped me take care of my child so I can travel for work, travel for my sanity, or just go get a pedicure. Thanks to everyone who sent my sweet husband packages, cards or emails - giving him little pieces of home has been a huge source of strength for him. Thanks to everyone who laughed with me, cried with me and reminded me how strong I am when I had forgotten. Those texts and phone calls asking how I was holding up or if I needed anything meant more than you will ever, ever know. God willing, we'll never have to walk this road again as a family, but if we do I know how well taken care of we'd be. 

The Roosevelt is officially en route to its new home in San Diego so keep them in your prayers as they wrap up their operations and head east. The pride I have in that crew and James is overwhelming. They have accomplished great things during this 8 month deployment supporting Operation Inherent Resolve and assisting in the war against ISIS. Keep me and Mason in those prayers as well as we walk these last few weeks...turns out they're the hardest. We're keeping Mason in his routine to help keep adjustments from being too overwhelming, but he amazes me everyday with his flexibility and resilience. I can tell its taking a toll on his sweet soul, I can't wait until he has his Daddy back. Stay tuned, for pictures when we finally have him back in our arms. We're almost there...

Lots of love,

Jules

Comments

Karen R said…
Julie,
SOOOOO excited for all of you! Hang in, girl, you are doing a great job! Looking forward to pictures of the family reunited.
Love from KK.

Popular Posts