"You're Doing Much Better Than I Thought You Would..."

I wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard this phrase the past two weeks! And trust me, I am doing much better than I even thought I would. I can't believe that this Thursday will be three weeks since James Howard left for training. It has flown by, I've kept my schedule packed jam tight and while it can be tiring sometimes, I look back and can't believe that I've gotten this far into the eight weeks! :) In that first week I got lots of information and my first letter from James. I thought it would be fun to share some excerpts, because while I started crying when I saw his handwriting and because I was so relieved to hear from him, it had me laughing in about 2 seconds.

"When I'm not concentrating on my instructions, I'm always thinking about you."
Sweet James can't do two things at one time.

"I'm not the only old guy in my division which is good. No one calls me grandpa or anything."
I guess this was concerning to him?

"PS - when you write me back, let me know what else to write. I don't know what you want to know."
Ohh James.

So as you can tell, his spirits are good and he said he really likes the routine and schedule. I'm a member of Navyformoms.com and there are lots of wives so I chat with them regularly. From their letters I've heard they go to bed at 8pm and wake at 4am, they've been woken up to iron their underwear at 2am, and apparently his division got in trouble and did not receive mail until this past Sunday. Since I've been writing everyday I'm sure he had lots of news to catch up on! His graduation is Thursday, September 2! I have my airline ticket and hotel reservation made. I can't wait to see him. His parents, my parents, and Warren are coming along so it is going to be a really good trip. On Wednesday before his graduation, the boys are going to a Cubs game while the gals come help me look at apartments!!

Hopefully I will get another letter this week and will be able to share more of life in boot camp according to James. Thank you to everyone who has sent him mail. Next Monday I am going to Ft. Bragg to get my Military ID which should be an experience that requires its own blog post. In any event, I promise the next post will include some pictures. I have been taking lots of them as I spend time with family and friends.

Much love to everyone and as always thank you for all of your support. I couldn't do it without you :)

Comments

I love these excerpts. Keep em coming. Call me next time youre in town and wanna come meet lil C.

Popular Posts