One day at a time!

Well, James Howard is in basic training! I can't believe how quickly time can fly by. The two days we spent together before he left I will cherish forever. It was nice to spend some time quietly together in the life that we know, and talk about how excited we are about our new life and all the changes to come.

 I was a MESS the two days he left though, seriously thought I was losing my mind. James would look at me and go "Surely, you're out of tears now?" No such luck bud :) Thankfully I got a text from Steph (who just finished a six month deployment with her boyfriend who is an officer in the Navy) JUST when I needed it to tell me "It is worse now than it will be after he leaves. You will be fine." I guess the anticipation of it was worse than him actually being gone. Do not get me wrong, not having him around is WEIRD. I'm not the biggest fan of being apart, but I've gotten into my groove the past week and am doing much better than I thought I would. I'm staying very busy, have lots of fun plans for the next eight weeks, and of course am counting down until his graduation! The night he arrived in Great Lakes, I got a phone call the lasted 26 seconds. Literally, 26 seconds. He told me he was there, I would be getting a box, another call in 3 weeks, and that he loved me.

Last night I got "the box" in the mail. I was supposed to stay in Raleigh but of course when I heard it was there, I drove back to Dunn. I ran in expecting...something...I don't know what I expected, but my lovely husband just sent me a box of dirty clothes and things he was not allowed to keep. Oh, and a blank post card. His mom just laughed. Not even an "I love you" on the little blank post card. He acts like he's in the military now and didn't have time or something. Gah.

Ok friends, thank you so much for all of your sweet words over the past week. They mean so much to me, more than you will know. I hope you all are having a wonderful week and staying cool, this NC summer is hot!

I FINALLY got his address. He would love to hear from all of you, mail is like gold during training. The first three weeks are the roughest, so remind him of how many of us are so proud of him and how much we support the work he is doing.

SR Green, James
SHIP 11 DIV 293
3505 Sailor Drive
Great Lakes, IL 60088-3505

Until next time...

Comments

Unknown said…
Proud of you Ms. Julie! And SUPER proud of James!

Popular Posts