The James Version and Star Wars Characters

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle



Hello everyone! Julie has done such a great job of keeping all who read this blog updated on our adventure int he Navy, but I know I don't get to talk to everyone nearly as much as I want to so I decided to update it this time. So far, things have been wonderful here in Great Lakes, we have enjoyed our time for the most part...except for the crazy cold weather. I'm glad summer is around the corner, I've sure missed that warm weather. I can't say being stuck in colder weather has been all bad, I did have Julie and Lilly to keep me warm!


Apprentice School (A School) is coming to an end...these past eight months have gone by really fast. In the next week I will be filling out my "dream sheet" which is a list of places we'd like to go next. Julie and I are ready to see what awaits us on our next stop in this journey. I'm hoping to head back to the East coast, this will make it easier for us to be involved in more family events. That is one thing I have missed the most. We hate missing out on things going on with our family. I guess you never know how much you love something until you leave it, and I sure love NC!

I've decided to contine my training in "C School" with Communications Skills. I will learn more about maintaining and fixing Communications equipment. This equipment includes things such as telephones, transmitters, receivers, transceivers. For those that don't know what all that entails, I'll try and give you a stripped down "James version" of what I'll be doing. All the boats have telephones on them. They all have to talk to each other, so in order for them not to run into each other they must know which way they are going. So if one of these highly sophisticated phones breaks down, yours truly has to fix it. It goes a little more in depth, but that is the basic idea behind the equipment and what I'll be doing. It is a lot of responsibility and I learned a great deal about electronics, the theories behind how electiricty and radio frequency works, and I can't wait to get out into the fleet and apply my new skills.

The other exciting thing about graduating from "A School" is that I will be Petty Officer 3rd Class by the end of June! So my new title will be ET3 Green. Julie says we sound like robots. I think we sound like Star Wars characters. How cool is that? I'm super excited. My goals are set high, and as soon as I finish up A School, I'll be working on my Officer Candidate School packet. I hope one day I can put all this hard work to the test and with the Navy's help become a great leader. I love my job and besides marrying Julie it is the best decision we have ever made. I intend on making the best of it as long as the Navy sees me fit to serve.

I am so lucky to have such a loving, caring, and supportive wife. I know that this road isn't always easy, but she is the driving force behind this adventure and I really don't know where I would be without her. She is the most amazing Navy Wife! And she makes delicious pork chops and lemon cake so that's a plus. She even folds my tshirts into perfect little squares. I don't think I would have done nearly as well these past months if I didn't have her and Lilly to come home to. She always knows just what to say when I feel like I've had enough. I love her.

I miss everyone terribly and I can't wait to be back in North Carolina and visit with all of you.

Love,
Seaman Green

Comments

Popular Posts