And so this is Christmas...





Christmas is undeniably one of my favorite times of the year! Last year we had just moved into our house, I had just found out I was pregnant, and that is a lot to handle...and we spent the holidays in North Carolina. So while I got a Christmas tree up, I didn't do much else around our house. It is hard to get into the festive spirit when you have boxes every where! This year, it is definitely much different and I am so excited to be celebrating with our sweet little boy. I have the house decorated, presents under the tree and (drum roll) MASON MET SANTA TODAY! 

He was such a trooper while we waited the two hours to meet Mr. Claus. 

All that matters to Mason is that you didn't forget his bottle. 

Waiting for Santa makes me sleepy

So sleepy...

Inside the igloo right before Santa!

He had a bottle, took a nap, made friends with the kids around us in line...and overall really had no clue what was going on. But it was his first Christmas, so I was so excited to get his very first picture with Santa. And I think it was all worth it. Here is Mason Eldridge's first photo with the man himself...


We weren't sure how he was going to react. He loves Uncle Will's beard, but other beards he isn't so sure of sometimes so we knew it could be interesting. But when we came around the corner and Mason saw him he immediately started giggling and thought this big man in a red suit was hilarious. Then he told him what was on his Christmas list and off we went. 

Our Saturday continued with a nice surprise! Aunt Jane, Karen and Luke were in town for a soccer tournament so we ventured over to Virginia Beach to see everyone and Mason had so much fun meeting his cousins and getting some love from Aunt Jane. 




It was such a great day with my sweet family. I cherish these memories...I am taking so many pictures so one day Mason can see how fun his first Christmas was! Next weekend we are heading to North Carolina to spend Christmas with our families, and then for the first time ever we are spending Christmas Eve in our house to celebrate together. James and I are SO excited to wake up Christmas morning and "watch Mason open his presents" (aka open them for him) and we are so excited to exchange presents together in front of our tree. We are starting some wonderful traditions for our family. Makes my heart happy! 


We also got some AMAZING news this past week that I am so happy to share. James's best friend Justin has been battling Hodgkin's (a form of cancer) for the past three years. He has been through so many treatments, including a bone marrow transplant from his sister he completed in November. His last Pet Scan showed he is CANCER FREE. I can't even put into words how happy we are for Justin and his incredible wife Kaitlin. You two are such an inspiration and are so strong. Justin, I'm sure your stubborn streak and won't back down attitude did not hurt you at all either ;) We love you so much and can't wait to see you next weekend!

I am writing this blog about how happy and thankful I am for my family...and I know there are many families in the Newtown, CT community who woke up this morning to a very different reality. My heart is broken for them, and I have been praying non-stop for their peace and that God gives them the strength they need. 

We also send all of you lots of love from our house to yours! 

James, Julie, Mason, & Silly Lilly 

Comments

Popular Posts