Happiness in Highwood

So obviously I lied in my last post when I said I would update soon. It has been a couple of weeks (I think) but it has been a BUSY couple of weeks. We finally have our furniture! Yay! Last week we got about twelve hours notice that the movers were coming, but after two weeks on an air mattress we were ok with that! I was so excited when I saw the Mayflower truck pull in last Tuesday morning. I was still even excited when they brought in the first few loads. It was so good to see all my stuff. It made me happy. I started to not get excited when the loads kept coming....and kept coming...and kept coming. I knew it was bad when the movers kept shaking their heads. You literally could not walk in our apartment when they left. I just stood there and looked around and James said "Do not start crying. Do NOT cry." Well, I cried. A three bedroom townhouse does not fit in a one bedroom apartment even if you did get rid of that extra bedroom suit, AND gave one of the movers a TV.  *Sigh*

BUT....Mom to the rescue! My mom flew in last Thursday and literally saved my life. I had spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday unpacking boxes and still was not getting anywhere. No matter what I put away it seemed like it multiplied. Mom got there and away we went to Ikea, Walmart, and Lowe's Home Improvement. She stayed until Sunday morning and the transformation was amazing. She was my own personal HGTV show. Below is the link to the before and after photos. The link should take you to a slideshow in my Kodak Gallery. The first pictures are obviously the before, how it looked while we lived with no furniture, after the movers walked out the door, and after my Mom worked her magic. Should you ever need help decorating or staging your house, call her. She's awesome :)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=173426113408:1766842453&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

So as you can see, we have a home now. It makes me a little teary eyed when I stop and think about it. It has been such a long time coming to do simple things with James and I'm unbelievably happy. I love cooking us dinner (which we eat at 2am. No, I'm not kidding) or to wake up Saturday mornings and take Lil Bear for a walk, we're having so much fun. We've settled into our routine, I take him to work at noon, run my errands and do some work during the day, and pick him up late at night. I have some interviews this week for nanny jobs so I'm excited about that. I have a couple of good options to nanny while he's in class so I don't miss any time with him, or our late night dinners. School is really stressful for him right now, its very intense but he's doing so well. Once mid December passes it eases up a bit, so keep him in your thoughts the next few weeks. If you don't hear from him much, that is why! We did find out we are going to be able to come home to NC for Christmas for about two weeks which makes us so happy! So get ready for visits from us :) It is very different to not be able to see family whenever we want to. I miss sleepovers with Annie and Will and stopping by to give Molly a kiss whenever I want to. (I miss you too Jason and Tricia)  And who wouldn't miss Claudy cooking for you??

We hope you enjoy the pictures of the apartment! Now that my life is back to normal I'm excited to update the blog with all of our adventures in Illinois. We miss all of you so much! We have Skype under my email address (jh.green@hotmail.com) and our Skype name is NavyGreens. We'd love to have a chat with all of you if you have a webcam! James is home on weekends unless he has duty, which is every four days.

So until the next post, enjoy your week and know that I'm still freezing. :)

We love you all,
Jules and James

Comments

Popular Posts