3 Years of Green, 2 years of Navy

I have not upheld my end of the bargain with the blog and my weekly picture of Mason! The good news is I have a reminder in my phone now weekly that says "Mason's Weekly Picture?" So, hopefully that will help. I hope this posting finds everyone happy, healthy and ready for Fall! We all know I am maybe the only person on earth other than Granny Beasley that loves 90 degree weather and wishes summer would never end, but after a summer of being very pregnant and VERY hot...I am ready for some cool, Fall weather!

We've had a great couple of weeks, on September 26 we celebrated three years of marriage! The weekend before my mom came into town and was kind enough to babysit so we could have our first official date night since Mason arrived, and to celebrate our anniversary. I will admit, those of you that have followed the blog - every anniversary I have driven many hours and many miles to be with James. Year one was up to Chicago, and last year I drove to Pensacola, FL to celebrate. I told James I wasn't sure I knew what to do with myself just waking up and having him here! James was in charge of our celebration and it was perfection. I did not know where we were going or what we were doing, but I was told to be ready at 4:45pm. We drove through Norfolk, James with a big grin on his face, me hating not knowing what was happening and trying to guess the whole way. When we pulled into a Paint Your Own Pottery studio, I was definitely a little surprised. (A little back story. My mom owned a Paint Your Own Pottery studio in Morehead City, NC and we have all "Birthday Plates" she painted us. They are all special to our personalities and we all eat our cake off of them each year) So, James turns to me and says "We are here to paint an Anniversary Plate. I wanted us to do something together and have something we would remember. So every year we can eat our anniversary dessert off our plate and remember painting it together." Swoon, right? Love my husband. We definitely decided it had to go with our wedding theme, beaches and starfish. And an ECU pirate ship? Sigh. We go pick the plate up this weekend finally! Then we went to eat sushi which was delicious and so missed during my pregnancy, and then drinks and dessert. It was the best celebration and I can't believe it has been three years since we said I Do. We watched the DVD the other night and laughed so hard at the reception footage. I'm not sure how we wondered if people had fun at our wedding...but that always reminds us of what an amazing night it was. Thank you to everyone who was there that day and has followed our journey since. I know I say this all the time but we have the best support system in the whole world! Here are some pictures from our anniversary!







The next weekend we got the opportunity to be in Raleigh for a very special day for my sister. Annie was ordained as a deacon at Greystone Baptist Church. I was SO happy we were able to be there, and Mason was a champ in church :) Being a deacon takes a special person, and Annie is everything one should be. We are so proud of her!! Mason finally got to meet the Moody Clan and there was no shortage of hugs and kisses for him!



In Navy news, James started security and the crazy schedule that goes along with it! It really isn't too terrible, he works every other weekend and usually has a couple of days off during the week. So this week he was off Monday, worked half day on Tuesday (they always train Tuesdays) and worked Wednesday and Thursday. He will be off Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then work Monday and Tuesday, off Wednesday and Thursday, work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Confusing? Yes. It isn't bad now, but on November 26 he starts working nights. Once I start working we won't see each other until his weekends off.  It will definitely be a big adjustment, but I'm sure we'll do fine. I've been interviewing for jobs with a couple of really good prospects, so hopefully I am a working Mom soon! I was writing about 3 years of marriage, and I realized I didn't blog this year about our anniversary with the Navy. In July it was two years married to the military! Ha. Kidding! But not really...

And speaking of working Mom, Mason had his trial day at daycare Monday. He did awesome, and I didn't do too bad either! I only cried for 10 minutes when I left him. Thankfully James was off that day too and kept us very busy. Once I accept a position to go back to work he is all set for daycare and I couldn't be happier with the place we've chosen. They printed pictures for me they took during the day Monday and he was so happy. They described his overall disposition as "content." And I couldn't have asked for more!

On my way to daycare!

Here are a couple of pictures I snapped this week of Mason Eldridge for my weekly series. If you can't tell, he is getting pretty big! And in the second, he is still pretty silly. We go to the doctor next Tuesday for his 2 month well baby visit and shots. Where did 2 months go??



Lots of love and Happy Fall!

James, Julie, and Mason

Comments

Popular Posts