Shiny Pins and Mosquitoes

I figured that today was a good day to update the blog, as I am sitting here waiting for Hurricane Sandy to make her grand appearance. She is creeping up on us, the rain is falling and the wind is picking up but Mason and I are cozy and comfortable with lots of supplies and movies to watch! Thank you to everyone who has called, texted, and emailed to check on us...so far so good and hopefully James will get to come home from work this evening. In anticipation of the storm there was a possibility when he went in this morning they would have him stay until Wednesday. We will keep you updated on the happenings of Sandy, and in the meantime everyone say prayers for minimal damage and that no one gets hurt! And say a prayer that Lilly doesn't explode because when I opened the door and told her to go outside, she ran upstairs and jumped in our bed. I can't blame her...until she pees on something.

As usual, our life has been a wonderful kind of crazy the past couple of weeks. We went to Washington D.C. last weekend with Gigi and Granddaddy and to meet Uncle Warren and Aunt Tara since Uncle Warren was running the Army 10 Miler. It was such an amazing trip, James got to see all the sights and Mason got some fun time with the Greens! Congratulations to WG, he finished the race in an hour and 49 minutes! I am always so impressed with people who can run that far. I only run if chased.

Here are some pictures from our trip :)

Are we North Carolinians or Virginians?? 


Boys after the race!

Three Generations of Green :)


Best friends


And after we returned home we had another whirlwind week! Earlier in October I interviewed for a job that seemed too good to be true...a Marketing/Admin Assistant position at a company called Mosquito Joe. It is a company that sprays yards for mosquitoes, but the super cool thing is that they have begun selling franchises so it is on the brink of becoming a national company! Well in excellent news, I got the job and I started this past Thursday! WHOOHOO!!! Even after two days I can tell I am exactly where I need to be and I LOVE it. I get to be involved in the social media, they are launching a blog in a couple of weeks and I get to be a contributing writer, I have been helping with research for press releases...all kinds of fun Marketing things that I love.

I truly feel so blessed, and like James and I are finally settled. I know that sounds silly since we have been in Virginia for a year...but not working was hard for me. Now that I am doing something I truly enjoy I feel like we have everything we could have ever hoped for! But with me working that means Mason had to start daycare! I started him the Wednesday before I went to work just in case I was a bit of a mess :) and I am glad I did. He LOVES daycare. He loves his teacher, he is always smiling when I leave and pick him up, and he has SO much fun during the day we have to put him down an hour earlier now. I am slowly getting used to not being with him all day everyday, but it sure makes me love my Saturday and Sunday with him. Below is a picture of him on his first day, and the second picture is his crib in the classroom. The picture made me laugh out loud so I thought I would share!



I'm not even done with all of our good news! This past Friday James was finally pinned with his Surface Warfare pin which is so exciting. If you remember a couple of blog posts back he sat for his boards after lots of studying and passed...and his pinning was yesterday!!





I am just so stinking proud of him. He works so hard, and such long hours that I'm so excited for him when he gets recognized for it at work. And I am very impressed that he had enough thought to ask someone to take a picture...he's getting good at knowing that I ALWAYS want a picture :)

I think THAT sums up all of our news for the past couple of weeks in October. I can't believe that the holidays are upon us...Tricia reminds me often that Christmas is only 2 months away :) Stay tuned for a picture of Mason in his Halloween costume! If this weather doesn't let up it might be on the couch, but it is pretty cute so I can't wait to show everyone!

If you are anywhere near the coast, please stay safe and say a quick prayer for James and all the other Sailors who are staying with their ships during the storm. So thankful for our amazing troops! We love all of you and can't wait to see each of you very soon!!

Hugs,
James, Julie, and Mason
(and Lilly and Brutus too)

Comments

Popular Posts